Friday, January 06, 2006

US: Dairy farmers say drink milk to lose weight

In a press release issued on 5 Jan 06 the USA Milk Processor Education Program stated:

 

"When women diet they often make two big mistakes that can actually result in weight gain - skip breakfast and ditch dairy," said Somer, author of the new book ‘10 Habits That Mess Up a Woman's Diet’. "But in reality, eating breakfast and including 24 ounces of milk each day are two small steps that could make a significant difference in achieving a healthy weight."  (Source: just-food.com).

 

This logic is ludicrous.  Skipping breakfast may not be a good thing, but it does not follow that consuming milk for breakfast helps keep a healthy weight!  The evidence that dairy milk causes surplus body fat and obesity is absolutely overwhelming, and to suggest otherwise simply reflects vested interests.  Any food high in saturated animal fat is fattening, period.  Low-fat milk is even more fattening than regular milk:  as explained in The Milk Imperative, this is so for a variety of reasons that have been proven in numerous research studies.

5 comments:

lose weight said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! If you get the chance, check out this
href="http://www.reversingobesity.com">weight loss product
site. It has
great recipes for losing weight.

create ebook said...

Hi, great blog! I hope you don’t mind, but I’ve just sent your blog address to my customers.
I have a sell ebook site. It pretty much covers sell ebook info.
If you’ve got a minute…. Check out my site… You can even pick up great FREE ebooks with master resale rights worth $197.00 absolutely FREE!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Check the website milk allergy/drmanik.com

Jasmine2010 said...

Proper diet and exercise plus phentermine will help you lose weight. Phentermine works by decreasing your appetite.Phentermine can be purchased online without prescriptions at WWW.MEDSHEAVEN.COM It is easy and convenient. WWW.MEDSHEAVEN.COM guarantees 100% product satisfaction.

How to Lose Weight Fast said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. For much weight lose resorts in USA visit weight loss farms USA